Thursday, April 11, 2013

Bodum Bean Ice French Press 1-1/2 Litre Iced Coffeemaker, 51-Ounce, Black





On sale now for Bodum Bean Ice French Press 1-1/2 Litre Iced Coffeemaker, 51-Ounce, Black is now alive. This cool Bodum Bean Ice is currently on the market, you might purchase it this moment for just $53.50 and usually delivered within a single day.

Item Info



The Bodum Bean Ice gives you the best way to make iced coffee with a French press-and it's remarkably simple, as well. First you put the ground coffee in the jug as usual. Then, you add cold water and put the jug in the fridge overnight. In the morning you press down the plunger-et voila-you have the most smooth tasting ice coffee you can imagine. The Bodum Bean Ice comes with two lids: one for the fridge overnight, and one with a plunger to press down the coffee grounds in the morning. The Bean Ice Coffee Maker is made from borosilicate glass, plastic, silicone and stainless steel. All parts are dishwasher safe.



Features


  • Includes bonus lid-use to store coffee in the refrigerator while locking out smells
  • Create flavorful iced coffee overnight in your refrigerator
  • Control-pour spout locks in aromas while preventing spillage
  • All parts are dishwasher safe
  • Made from borosilicate glass, BPA-free plastic, silicone and stainless steel

Reviews


Easiest and best tasting cold brew, perfect hot too!
Natasha Stryker

I got this to make cold brew coffee concentrate and it works perfectly and easily. It is also great for large batches of hot brew too.-------------------------------------------------------------------------COLD BREW:1. Add 12 scoops medium course grounds (scoop included)2. Fill beaker half way with filtered water, stir grounds into water for about 35 seconds to saturate all the coffee3. Fill remaining volume with filtered water leaving 1/2 inch room at the top4. Place the bonus lid on french press and put in refrigerator for 12-24 hours depending on strength desired**5. Once steeped for hours desired, remove lid and put filter lid on and press grounds to bottom of beaker6. Mix coffee concentrate with water, either 1 parts concentrate to 2 parts water, or up to half concentrate and half H2OI use 1/2 coffee concentrate, 1/2 milk over ice because I like it strong. My hubby prefers hot black coffee made with the concentrate and uses the half concentrate and half H2O ratio, then heats it in the microwave. We notice a definite absence of acid, which my husband prefers for taste reasons and I like because of taste and health reasons. When I am under stress, I have to take acid reduction pills for my stomach, being able to drink cold brew when under the gun has given me back my beloved cup of coffee without the stomach cramps.TIP: Always use filtered water for cold brew since you will taste any and all funky flavors in your tap water. The water for cold brew doesn't get boiled so these flavors, which may disappear with boiling for hot coffee, are very present with cold brew.**If you have the overhead clearance in your fridge, you can put the filter lid on and press it down about an inch to keep all the grounds under the waterline. The top knob will stick up about 8 inches, so be careful not to hit the lightbulb in the ceiling of your fridge. I have noticed a small difference in flavor, it comes out a bit richer/darker than if I use the bonus lid.-------------------------------------------------------------------------HOT BREW:1. Add 12 scoops medium course grounds (scoop included)2. Fill beaker with water that is just under boiling hot, leaving 1/2 inch room at the top3. Stir grounds into water for about 15 seconds to saturate all the coffee (saturation is quicker in hot water)4. Place filter lid on beaker, but don't press down until coffee has steeped for 4 minutesThis massive french press makes enough hot coffee to fill a carafe to the top and have a whole large mug of coffee left to pour. This worked great for a large party we had this past weekend, because I only have to make one pot of coffee instead of two like I did with our 8 cup Chambord press.-------------------------------------------------------------------------10 OTHER PROS:1. It is nice that this one appliance does two jobs perfectly, it cuts down on the amount of kitchen clutter2. No filters to buy3. It cleans VERY easily and quickly4. If you follow the directions, it is foolproof5. It is sturdy and feels very well made even though the casing is plastic6. Looks great, I leave ours out on the counter7. It has a rubber seal and a thumb pressure pour spout, so coffee doesn't spill out if jostled in the fridge8. 50 oz. of concentrate will last us all work week, so I only have to fill it on Sunday - speedy mornings!9. There are no small screws or bits to lose, everything dismantles quickly with just a turn of the filter base10.The handle is well designed, keeping your knuckles away from the glass if you are making hot coffeeFinal tip: To get the top off when you first take it out of the box, twist the top a half inch and then pull the press screen out to remove the lid. There is a twist latch in this lid that my other Bodum french press does not have, and the instructions for using this press are folded up INSIDE the closed coffee press, LOL. Thought I'd pass on this bit of advice for those used to their Chambord press :)UPDATE: After using this product constantly for over 3 months, I have to say it is one of the all-time best things in my kitchen. I don't have to take as much acid-reduction medication as I did while drinking hot brew. The system is so streamlined for cold-brew concentrate that I don't even have to think about it. My hubby cannot believe how delicious cold-brew concentrate is heated up every morning, he says it is the smoothest way to brew coffee that he has ever had. I still highly recommend this product and will be purchasing more for gifts.BONUS IDEA: I have been adding chicory in with my coffee grounds and it is amazing. Every batch is super smooth, rich and dark. I got it here on amazon on subscribe & save: Community Coffee Private Reserve Ground Coffee, Medium-Dark Roast, 100% Chicory, 12-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6). I add 3 tbls. of chicory to 8 bodum scoops of coffee beans. I read other places that chicory was great in cold brew, but I was hesitant about buying 6 bags without trying it; I am so glad I just spent the $13 to find out -- I do not make cold brew without it now.

French Press Coffee Maker w/Option for Making Cold Brew
Katawampas

This is a large French press coffee maker that has a seal-tight lid that can transform it in to a cold brew coffee maker. I mainly use this for hot coffee but when my brother-in-law was visiting, I used it for cold brew; cold brew tends to lessen the irritation of the stomach than regular hot brewed coffee because it is less acidic. He can drink cold brew with no stomach irritation.Pros:-Large Size - 1.5 Liter - I don't have to make 2 pots of press coffee with this size.-2 tight fitting lids with rubber seals. The lids makes brewing cold in the fridge a snap; the coffee does not smell up the fridge or take on other odors.-Glass Jug - Glass is best for brewing coffee hot or cold; it's easier to clean & odors don't cling. And no concerns about BPA or plastic flavor.-Nice stainless press mechanism that comes apart for cleaning. I take it apart & run it through the dishwasher along with the glass jug. I put the plastic body through also with no problems.-Pouring lever & spoutCon:-Plastic body. I prefer stainless steel because the plastic may break over time. But, the plastic does seem to be a good quality & the colors are fun. I own other Bodum products; they are durable and well made.FYI: If you already own a coffee press, you can use it to make cold brew too. However, this version has the added benefit of size & the tight fitting rubber seals on both the press mechanism lid & the extra serving/storage lid.My recipe for cold brew:I use a 4:1 ratio of water to ground coffee.I put 4 cups of fresh cold water in the jug and add 1 cup COARSE ground coffee. Stir it, put the press mechanism/lid on & place in refrigerator for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours. After 12-24 hours, press the coffee down & either store the coffee concentrate (the liquid) in this container or another glass pitcher/jar after disposing of the grounds.This press comes with a separate lid so you can store the concentrate in the jug but you will want to remove the grounds from it if you do that. Coarse ground coffee makes a better brew. The beans can become overextracted if they are too finely ground & some of the fine sediment will escape the press filter to leave sludge in your cup. You can pour your concentrate through a paper coffee filter but you will lose some of the taste complexity.You can store the coffee concentrate in the refrigerator for a week with no problem.To make hot coffee with the cold brew concentrate: Just pour half a cup of coffee concentrate & add hot water to taste. I usually do this in a 1:1 ratio (coffee concentrate to hot water). You can make 1 serving easily by half filling your coffee cup w/cold water, zap in microwave until hot & then add the coffee concentrate.To make iced coffee with the cold brew concentrate: Put ice in glass, fill glass � full with concentrate & top off with cold water & cream.

I can't believe how much better I like it this way...
Daniel

I love my coffee, but it does't love me so much anymore. I drink a lot of coffee. Mostly espresso, straight up -no milk, no syrup, but after having a lot of heartburn and acid reflux (and later finding out I had an ulcer) I was told I had to give up coffee. The withdrawal symptoms were awful, even worse to me than the ulcer pain. I tried Caffeine gum, but it tasted awful (eventually that didn't matter and I chewed it anyway - just because the headaches from the lack of caffeine were so bad)Next, I tried Pre-made cold-brewed coffee, but the shipping prices made that really expensive, and I really didn't like the taste. I tried a couple of the toddy type systems too, and while they work, I found one system was too messy and the filter often clogged. The Second system leaked out all over the fridge during the night.But this works. Easy, no-mess, It doesn't leak, and the used grounds just rinse away when you've finished drinking the coffee. It is just a big french press, so If you already have one, you should use it, but this one is a great size, and seems very well made.I find I like it best, after it's brewed overnight, but I think it's drinkable after 4 hours if you don't dilute it.


Key: Bean Ice French, Bodum Bean French, Bodum Bean Ice, Bodum Ice French