Sunday, April 28, 2013

YORK French Press Save Money





Best offer for GROSCHE YORK French Press Coffee and tea maker, 350 ml 11.8fl oz capacity, 3 cup (one coffee mug) size; All Stainless... is now available. This best item is now on the market, you may purchase it now for just $30.00 and usually delivered within a day.

Item Description



The York by GROSCHE is a premium manual French coffee press that will produce the best flavor from any coffee or tea you put into it. York 350 is smaller than the 1L and the perfect size for a single cup. This type of manual-operated coffee maker is regarded as the best way to brew fully-bodied coffee to enjoy the flavor as it was intended. By fully infusing the course grounds (finely ground coffee can seep through the filter), the flavors and oils can be fully extracted and the final result is unmatched! It has a dual filter system, one on the main press and another on the lid. The filter inside in fully stainless steel without any plastic parts, unlike what's found from other leading manufacturer's products. When You make your coffee or tea, turn the lid to close the press while your coffee or tea steeps, and turn it again to open it to pour. That will retain heat and allow for better flavor for your coffee or tea. The York from GROSCHE is for the true connoisseur of coffee or tea. It is easy to clean, does not require replaceable filters, and is dishwasher safe.



Pros


  • High quality French Press with Borosilicate glass beaker
  • All parts, including the glass beaker, metal body, and stainless steel filter are dishwasher safe
  • Secondary filter in lid- turn the lid to close the filter and retain heat, and turn it back to pour
  • Always use coarse ground coffee in a french press, (1 to 3 tablespoons per mug 300ml)
  • You can also use this french press to make loose leaf or blooming tea. Replacements beakers are available from the manufacturer

User Opinions


Great Little French Press
Connor Kenway

I got this because I wanted a french press at the office (they got a Keurig, no thank you). I have a classic Bodum which I love, but wanted to try a Grosche product anyway. This is a great little piece, very well made. I grew up working at the family business, which sold to machine shops, so I like to think I know a thing or two about manufacturing, haha. Nice polished stainless steel all around, no plastic at all. Even the handle is a piece of stainless steel with a thin layer of hard rubber over it. The filter comes apart really easily so you can clean everything better. Its a sharp, simple, solid piece, and I think it even looks nicer in person.UPDATE: I've used this press 10+ times since purchasing, and it has been nothing but wonderful. The only super-minor thing is that after washing, water must get in the handle, and the rubber sleeve over the handle slides around. After cleaning and drying it overnight, I applied some super glue, and its absolutely perfect now. Still would advise this product to anyone.

Good but very small
Foodie

I know the description of this indicates it's small. I was expecting this to be similar in size to a Bodum small press I was replacing. But this is even smaller than that one. It's not a big deal because I just add a little hot water to my coffee when it's done. I like that all the components are metal. The only plastic is on the inside on the lid. I'd prefer if that were metal, too. The filter does a good job, and the whole thing is small enough for the top rack of the dishwasher, no problem.UPDATE:After only having this a couple of months, the glass spout broke off. I'm not sure if it was bumped in the dishwasher or feel over at some point, but it was never dropped. I had my previous small Bodum press for about 12 years, so maybe that puts this in perspective. I will not get this one again because it was too fragile.UPDATE #:I want to add that I went to the Grosche site to order a replacement carafe (not available on Amazon) and a few other people had commented there that the glass seems very fragile. This is not worth the money. Also replacing the carafe is about $14-15. I'm going to buy another Bodum instead.

The metal base broke on the first day--otherwise, I loved this coffee press
bdgilfry@wildchildpublishing.com

The base of this unit broke right away. Let me explain. The base consists of three stainless steel legs that are spot welded together. One was a little crooked, so I tried straightening it with my fingers. With very little pressure, it broke off where it was welded.I was very disappointed, because this press makes amazing coffee. So, I returned this unit and bought the GROSCHE LISBON French press (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005MG4AF8/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00). Please see my review there, because these French presses make outstanding coffee.If the base of this unit hadn't broken, I would have given this unit 5 stars. Maybe I got a defective one. Anyway, the Grosche Lisbon worked out better for me, because it pops right into the microwave, so I don't have to boil water in advance.


Tags: YORK French Press, GROSCHE French Press, GROSCHE YORK Press