Monday, June 10, 2013

Bodum Assam Glass Best Offer





Best offer for Bodum Assam 17-Ounce Glass Tea Press with Stainless-Steel Filter is becoming hot. This cool product is now on the market, you might buy it now for only $0.00 and usually delivered within a day.

Product Information



An elegant way to savor the look of tea brewing while avoiding bitter results, the Assam tea press from Bodum has an innovative design that is both smart and lovely. Crafted with a borosilicate glass body and a stainless steel infuser, the press works with loose leaf or bagged teas and lets the user determined the brewing strength. Once plunged, the filter holds the tea below the infuser holes, so brewing is brought to a tidy halt. No removal of the infuser is necessary, and the tea's color is visible all the while. Modeled on traditional teapot shaping, the pot holds 17 ounces, comes with a stay-cool knob, and cleans up in the dishwasher with the lid and rod removed. A 34-ounce version is also available. --Emily Bedard



Factor Benefits


  • 17-ounce glass tea press for loose teas and tea bags; serves 1 or 2 people
  • Borosilicate glass body and handle; stainless-steel infuser; plastic knob
  • Patented system stops brewing when tea is plunged so tea is not bitter
  • Brews tea at preferred strength without a need to remove the infuser
  • Safe in the dishwasher except for rod and lid; also available in cast iron

User Reviews


Wonderful, fragile, teapress
Mrs. Spumoni

My husband first bought the larger, 34 cup Bodum Assam teapress several years ago and we loved it so much we got this smaller one. I just love it and use it a lot more than the larger one, simply because I usually only need two, not four cups of tea. While the first, 34 ounce one is still fine, as other people have mentioned, on the smaller one the filter fit SO TIGHTLY into the teapress I had to really wrestle it out and it would invariably bang against the front side of the glass teapot on its way out. Of course that didn't last too long, despite all my careful attempts to pry out the filter it eventually broke the glass. I figured the tight fit was an anomoly, and found one locally where I could try out the fit of the filter before buying, and sure enough, it fit fine and was easily removed without my banging it against the tender teapot.However, the teapot is still awfully tender, and my 2nd one has eventually broken too, just from being jostled in the cupboard. It was cracked for a while and finally broke a couple of days ago.I Love these teapots, especially the smaller sized one, and can't live without it. I use it several times a week, if not daily.This time I did some on-line investigation, and purchased the Bodum Kenya 17 ounce teapot. It arrived just fine shipped from Amazon, no breaks, and I think the plastic handle and little loopy decorative platic dishy thing on the Kenya might provide a little protection against the world. The filter is all plastic, but incidentally the two other metal filter sections that I have left over from my previous Assam teapots also fit in if I decide for some reason that's better.I loved this teapot, but if my larger Assam ever breaks, I'll probably replace that with a Kenya too.

Beautiful, functional, pracital but very fragile
Franklin Mom

When I first got the teapot I was in love with it. It was the best teapot I ever had. I used for all kinds of teas and almost everyday. It's a good size for 1-2 people. Then one day I was trying to remove the filter. The filter hit the side of the pot. It broke! Just that simple. I had it for only 2 months. Not worth my money. I wish I didn't break it otherwise I would give it 5 stars.

Great Tea Press Pot
E. Raptis

Wow. I had no idea so many people had so much trouble with this pot. I love mine, have had it for years, and it has never broken. I used to have the one with the plastic basket, but the basket tended to get tea stained and unsightly requiring periodic bleaching, so I switched to the metal basket which can just be scrubbed clean. I love it, and would recommend it to the less clumsy. Also, go buy it in a store, so it is not broken during shipping. Five stars.


Tags: Bodum Assam Glass, Bodum 17-Ounce Glass