Sunday, June 23, 2013

Bodum French Press Great Save





Get the best deal for Bodum Bean French Press Coffeemaker with Locking Lever Lid, 8-Cup (34-Ounce), Black is trending. This awesome item is currently on the market, you could buy it now for only $0.00 and often ships in a single day.

Product Info



This new 8-cup coffee maker adds an entirely new chapter to the French press success story. The temperature safe borosilicate glass carafe of the Bean French press coffee maker is encased in colorful plastic which protects the glass beautifully. The Bean features the precision pour, making it spill-resistant. The silicone gasket connecting the lid and the glass has an insulating effect and helps maintain the heat and aroma of the coffee longer. The simple push of a lever lets the coffee flow into the cup – all easily manageable with one hand. The Bean coffee maker comes in eight beautiful colors, is easy to clean and dishwasher safe.



Features


  • Stylishly modern French press coffeemaker in black; holds 8 cups (34 ounces)
  • Innovative, patented locking lid system keeps your coffee hot and helps prevent spills
  • Beaker made of ultra-light, heat-resistant borosilicate glass
  • 3-part stainless steel mesh filter helps extract your coffee's aromatic oils and subtle flavors
  • All parts are dishwasher safe

Customer Opinions


Makes Excellent Coffee, but...
K. Duvall

This is my first french press. My sister and brother in law only use these. So we went to visit them on vacation and coffee has never been the same. I tossed the drip crap we had and bought one of these from my local Sur La Table for $30. It makes the best tasting coffee ever! I do not use coarse ground as it states. That was a little weak for us. I use fine grounds, making an almost espresso strong coffee. I am now making home made lattes for great money savings!Now the one con-the lid. Yes, it is cool to have a no spill feature, but you can't clean inside the lid! I can forsee some nasty growth in there sometime in the future. We use ours everyday. I thought about putting vinegar and hot water in and pouring that out to help, but then I have to be REALLY sure to get all that outta there before brewing again. Not worth the hassle for me.I plan on returning this model tomorrow for one that just uses the beaker to pour and not some plastic part. Plus, staying away from the plastic is better for us in the long run anyhow.

Bodum Bean French Press Coffee Maker
Erie canal my home

This coffee maker is an improvement over the previous Bodum French Press that I have. This one keeps the coffee warmer for a longer period of time. It has a special rubber rim in the lid that closes the pot more tightly.

Nice press, but annoying cleanup
ET

As a French press, this item is fine. The molded full length handle, the locking top, and the lever-operated spout make it easier, safer, and more comfortable to pour than most, and the main thing is it makes good coffee. The color options are a bonus if you like the fun factor; your press can bring an extra little smile even before you get that first aroma of coffee. However, the screen in the plunger mechanism consists of 3 pieces - a fine mesh screen, a solid steel disc, and a spring to hold the screen against the disc. It functions OK, some fine grounds get through it like in most presses (admittedly this is one drawback of a mechanical filter versus a paper filter in a drip brewer). My only real gripe is that it is common for grounds to become lodged between the screen and the disc, which makes it necessary to physically dig them out during cleanings. That creates a risk of bending the filter screen. I have two other presses where the screen is permanently sealed in the plunger - just as effective, and easier to clean. Other than that, though, a very nice unit. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again, or to give it to a friend as a gift.(Edit Jan 2012) After 2 months of using it I would raise my rating to maybe 4-1/2 stars. The cleaning isn't really so bad, I have rarely gotten grounds in between the screens as I was initially concerned, and most of the time they rinse out easily. If I do get a few grounds in there, so what, I just leave them. When they get noticeable or annoy me too much, it doesn't take much to clean them out, although it is more of a pain than some other types. On the plus side, the screen seems to be a little better than other designs at limiting grounds in my coffee cup. Also, as I mentioned the first time, I echo more strongly now - the locking lid makes it feel really solid to hold and safe to pour. Despite its quirks I like it better than my other (Lexan) press, which admittedly is more for camping & travel than for home use.


Lookup: Bodum French Press, Bean French Press, Bodum Bean Press, Bodum Bean French