Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bodum Stainless Steel 16-Ounce Vacuum Travel Press Coffee Maker with Off White Silicone Grip





On sale now for Bodum Stainless Steel 16-Ounce Vacuum Travel Press Coffee Maker with Off White Silicone Grip is now alive. This best product is now on the market, you might purchase it right now for only $0.00 and usually delivered in 24 hours.

Item Information



Bodum's designers believe that you don't hhave to compromise on an excellent cup of coffee when you’re on the go For those who need just a couple of cups for your morning perk, the Stainless Steel Vacuum Travel French Press is the right choice for the commute or anytime you want a single serving of coffee or tea The durable double wall stainless steel tumbler is vacuum sealed for maximum heat retention, keeping beverages hot longer Brewing an excellent cup of coffee or tea in the morning with Bodum's travel press has never been easier The French press coffeemaker is built right in Just add coarse ground coffee to the tumbler Fill it with hot water, just off of a boil, and give the coffee a little store Screw the lid in place with the press in the up position and wait four minutes Press down on the plunger, open the spout and enjoy your coffee If you want to add cream or sugar, just adjust the process a bit Add the coffee and enough water to just cover the grounds Add sugar and stir The sugar will dissolve in the hot water Add cream if desired and then fill the rest of the mug with hot water Set the lid in place and follow the normal instructions The Travel Press holds 16 ounces and has a closable lid with a spill resistant stopper for the opening This portable French Press with slip-proof silicone band comes in eight beautiful colors: pink, red, purple, green, brown, grey, white and black Dishwasher safe The filter is replaceable if needed



Factor Benefits


  • Tall stainless steel travel mug;16-ounce capacity
  • Doubles as French press; plunger included in closable lid with a stopper
  • Double-wall stainless steel construction is vacuum sealed to better maintain heat
  • Wide silicone band in purple with raised lettering for a firm grip
  • Dishwasher safe

Customer Opinions


Pretty Good But Not Perfect
Leslie D. Ehrlich

Overall, this is a pretty good but not great product. The strengths: it makes pretty good coffee; I haven't experienced the difference between this and a regular press that another reviewer mentions. It goes in the dishwasher, unlike many other mugs. Because it can make as well as carry your coffee, you can go out the door before your coffee is finished brewing. The weaknesses: I had the same difficulty with the strainer unscrewing from the shaft and getting stuck in the bottom of the mug. It's a pain to get it out. More seriously, if you fill it pretty full and seal it up, it leaks. So when your coffee is hot you have to carry it around with the sippy slightly open. Lastly, being stainless steel you can't put it in the microwave. So -- consider these carefully and make the choice that works for you.

Nice, except for plastic filter
Real Reviewer

The Bodum travel coffee press is nice. Only issue with it is that the filter part of the french press is made with plastic and has a silicon gasket that seals between the filter and the inside walls of the mug. I really don't enjoy having plastics steeping/leaching in the hot water I'm about to drink, so this is a deal breaker. Would have been nice if they mentioned this in the description. Since there aren't any other good french press travel mugs out there, I think I'm going to try to make my own filter this is all metal. Bummer.

Not as good as I'd hoped.
Nikhil Ramkarran

I'd hoped for french press nirvana, but my expectations were a bit too high.After a number of broken glass beakers in previous presses, I decided what I needed was something I could travel with, plus unbreakable. When this Bodum appeared in my search I thought I'd encountered one of those rare, hop out of the bathtub, run down the street starkers, "eureka!" moments. The reality, when I eventually received the press, was a little less joyous.Firstly, the silicone seal on the filter is very effective. If you are not careful, it grips the sides of the mug and unscrews from the shaft of the plunger. Easily remedied with a needle nose pliers, but a bit disappointing in something this expensive (it arrived loosely screwed to the shaft, it detached the first time I used it). I recommend other users keep a regular check to make sure the filter is tightly screwed to the shaft.Second problem. I like to use a lot of coffee, about 2 tablespoons, in very hot water for maximum extraction. I leave that for 15 to 20 minutes before depressing the plunger (this is why I suspect I need not worry that the filter is made of plastic as one other reviewer indicated, the plastic is the least of the unhealthy stuff here) and stopping the brewing. Unfortunately, the thermal efficiency is so good, that the coffee is still un-drinkably hot after all that time.My second problem (noted above) is not really a fault of press, just an issue of my preference, so I should not mark it down for that. But my third problem, and the major one, is that the coffee that I get at the end of everything, just isn't as good as what I get from the regular press. Perhaps I need to adjust my methods to optimise the brew (I'll report back if it improves in the future) but I have tried several different ways already, varying many of the variables in both directions.All in all, the 3 stars expresses it best. It's okay. I am not sure a $30 coffee press should be just okay though.17th March, 2010Getting closer to the coffee that I know a french press can produce. It takes a bit of work though. Firstly, I use water that isn't boiling hot (I let the boiling water sit for 10 minutes), secondly I used more coffee (2 and a half table spoons) and thirdly I left the cup uncovered for about 10 minutes before adding milk and sugar and depressing the plunger.I think the two major problems I had before (too hot, taste not great) were remedied. I don't think a french press is really for the person who dislikes finicky procedures. If you like to grab your coffee and go, this is likely to irritate you. Since my purpose was a press that won't break easily and I don't mind the finicky process, it works for me.Still not worth more than 3 stars though.


Tags: Stainless Steel 16-Ounce, Bodum Stainless Steel, Bodum Stainless 16-Ounce, Bodum Steel 16-Ounce