Monday, May 13, 2013

5-Piece Coffee Press Deals





Best deal for BergHOFF 5-Piece Coffee Press Set is now alive. This cool item is currently on the market, you can purchase it now for only $53.99 and often delivered within 24 hours.

Item Description



French presses, commonly referred to as coffee plungers create a smooth, pure coffee flavor. for best results use coarse ground coffee, just pour and serve. Makes 4 cups and includes (4) 6.75-ounce matching coffee cups. Constructed of stainless steel with a decorative finish and glass carafe.



Features


  • Easy to use
  • Stylishly designed
  • Dishwasher safe
  • Made of durable, high quality stainless steel
  • Carafe doubles as a serving pitcher

User Reviews


Good for when company comes knocking...
Blake

I have a plastic Bodum press, but have been in the market for something more aesthetically pleasing. I saw this come up as a gold box deal and jumped on it. First off the carafe and cups are definitely glass trimmed with steel. The only plastic I could find was in the lid which I suspect insulates the steel. The cups seemed small, but I just checked with a measuring cup and they do hold 8oz. If you don't need the cups Amazon does offer the carafe separately.I'm enjoying coffee I just made with this press as I write. I took the screen assembly apart to compare to my Bodum and it does seem to be made a bit more flimsy. The screen is just as fine though and as I'm finishing off my first cup I haven't come across any grounds and only the usual amount of sediment. I tend to use a finer grind than most in my press because I enjoy extremely strong coffee and this handled it just fine.Overall this lost a star because of the lighter materials used. I would buy it again, but probably without the cups. I like the style better than the Chambords and the price is much better.If you've never had coffee from a press before you need to! I don't drink regular coffee anymore because it just tastes like bitter water. When making coffee in a press there are different ways to adjust the strength; here's my way. No matter what use a water temp between 200-205 degrees because if you pour boiling water over the grounds they scald and become bitter. So as my water is heating I grind some beans closer to what would be used for an auto-drip machine because the finer the grind the stronger your coffee will be. Put the grounds in your press and pour the water in and immediately stir preferably with a wooden spoon as not to break the carafe. I use a metal spoon, but very carefully. If the press sits for more than five minutes the coffee will start to become bitter so I set my timer for 4:30 and start it once I get done stirring. So that's it; find your perfect strength by adjusting the amount of grounds, how fine they are ground, and how long you let them steep.

What makes it to three stars is it is a good looking coffee press and great looking mugs.
bookreader

The coffee press is nothing special and a bit on the cheaper feeling side. I really like the look, but do not like how the press glass does not detach from the metal holder, it might if I pull or twist hard enough, but I do not want to chance it and break the glass. This is not the case with the mugs which slide in and out easily for clean up but snug enough that they do not just fall out. An item that I do not like at all is the press mechanism the pieces are functional but do not do a particular commendable jump at keeping the grounds out of your coffee and the plastic under the lid just seems cheap. The press does works well for loose leaf tea. Now if your looking for a functional coffee press that looks great with a few mugs thrown in this is a good set. Please be aware that this press is made in China not in Belgium as prior Berghoff products were.

Very pretty
James R. Stigall

It is very pretty, but rather cheaply made. I do not think itwill last through to many trips in the dishwasher. It will make a nice whiteelephant gift though.


Key: 5-Piece Coffee Press, BergHOFF Coffee Press, BergHOFF 5-Piece Press