Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bodum Brazil 3 cup French Press Coffee Maker, 12 oz, Black





Best offer for Bodum Brazil 3 cup French Press Coffee Maker, 12 oz, Black is now available. This cool item is currently on the market, you could buy it now for just $23.00 and usually ships in a single day.

Product Info



The Brazil French Press coffee maker, designed in the early 80's, was our first coffee maker and quickly became a symbol of what Bodum stands for. Attractive and functional design at an affordable price. The Brazil has an ultra-light, heat-resistant borosilicate glass beaker and a plastic handle and base, which make the Brazil easy to use and easy to clean. The 3-part stainless steel plunger has a fine mesh filter, which allows for a premium extraction of your coffee�s aromatic oils and subtle flavors. A mesh filter allows this flavor to be delivered direct to your cup and not absorbed by a paper filter. Plus, no paper filter means no waste. The patented safety lid prevents the splashing of liquids while pressing. All parts are dishwasher safe. This 3-cup coffeemaker is (.35 l, 12 oz.) in size and is also available in 8-cup (1.0 l, 34 oz) size model.



Strong Feat


  • Coffee is measured in 4 oz. cups, this 3-cup, 12-ounce French Press is for a single serving
  • Carafe is made of durable, heat-resistant borosilicate glass; BPA free Plastic handle and base. Both Dishwasher Safe
  • 3-part stainless steel mesh filter helps extract your coffee's aromatic oils and subtle flavors
  • Pressed coffee extracts the perfect amount of essentials oils and acids from the bean for the maximum amount of flavor from your coffee. It's the preferred method for brewing for coffee enthusiasts everywhere
  • All parts are dishwasher safe; limited 1-year warranty

User Opinions


One of my most used kitchen items
Andrea M. Brokaw

First off, make sure you notice in the writing above that while this is called a 3 cup press, it does not make 3 US cups. It makes 1.5 US cups. This is a sip or two more than will fit in most of my mugs and hence is exactly the amount of coffee I want since my husband can't stand coffee. If you were wanting this to make a mug each for two people though, you won't be happy with this little guy and need to look at the bigger models.Other than that, this is pretty straight foward device. It's very easy to use and a snap to clean. And the coffee it produces is excellent; after using it for two years, I now have problems when company comes over and I want to use my big autodrip coffee maker because so much of the richness of my beans get lost with the drip method.The only thing that keeps me from rating this product a full five stars is that I have problems with the filters after about eight months to a year. The press currently in my kitchen is actually the second one I have had because the last one became unusable when the filter simply stopped being willing to stay in place. Now I am having this problem with the replacement. It is possible that my problem is due to the fact that the filters get warped and could be solved by simply buying new filters, but since the filters are $4 plus shipping and a complete replacement costs $11, it makes as much sense to me simply to replace the whole unit and have a backup in case I drop it and shatter the glass (which has happened in the last year!). But, really, I shouldn't complain too much about this because $11 a year is a small price to pay to make perfect coffee.

I Love Mine!
I. Gross Georg

I think you have to be an idiot to not read the directions and complain when you pay the price afterwards. This little machine couldn't be simpler, which suits me as I practice the simple living lifestyle.Making coffee is a snap. You heat some water, pour an 1/8 cup of coffee (I use Folgers Gourmet Supreme, no fancy grind), pour the not-quite-boiling water into the beaker, gently place the plunger on top but do not press, let it stew for 4 minutes, then plunge slowly as the directions clearly state. I never have a problem with grounds, but I do notice some sediment at the bottom of my cup resembling fine sand. It doesn't hurt.To call this a three-cup coffee maker is a stretch, unless these are European standards. I usually get one 8-oz serving of coffee out of one batch, which I enjoy after dinner with real half-and-half, not "Coffee-Mate�" artificial creamer.Don't buy a $40 12-cup electric coffee maker for one or two cups of coffee; reclaim your kitchen counter as well as your inner French girl and go back to basics with this little guy or its bigger brother. If you have common sense you won't regret it.

buy the chambord 3 cup
S.Paladini

So I have every size bodum, both in glass and polycarbonate. They are indispensible in my kitchen, getting daily use. I have to say this one is my least favorite.positive: it's unbreakable.negative: it's not as pretty as the chambord (cheap and plasticy), the plunger doesn't come apart, and the mesh in the plunger isn't replaceable. The size is really only workable for one.While in theory the single piece plunger seems a positive, in practice it just doesn't work as efficiently as the three piece chambord's. The last few times I've used it, I've had an unpleasant faceful of coffee squirted at me because the seal is too tight and the nylon mesh gets deposits over time that occludes the holes. This makes it esssentially useless over time, since you can't replace the mesh. Even vinegar rinses don't help with this, since the deposits have an oily component from the bean.As for the Chambord-- it's beautiful, breaks easily, but at least replacement carafes and mesh strainers are available for an overhaul after a year or two of use. Bonus: It will never scald you.I also recommend not getting anything smaller than the 4-cup or 8-cup. Before getting the 4-cup, I constantly used to try to eak out 2 cups of tea out of this by filling to the very top. No good. you get a better plunge when there's room at the top, and less overflow potential as the grounds/leaves swell.(BTW, I use these for tea and coffee interchangeably, and have found that the nylon mesh retains flavors unlike the metal strainer of the chambord.) Bottom line, I think the Chambord is the way to go.


Lookup: Brazil 3 cup, Bodum 3 cup, Bodum Brazil cup, Bodum Brazil 3