Thursday, May 9, 2013

Planetary Design Double Cheap





Get the best deal for Planetary Design Double Shot Travel French Press Mug Mocha is becoming hot. This cool Planetary Design Shot is now on the market, you can buy it right now for only $29.99 and usually ships in 24 hours.

Item Information



Planetary Design, formerly Porter Products, has revolutionized the century old art of brewing coffee and tea via French Press. The Double-Shot deskpress mugs, constructed of 18/8 marine grade stainless steel, are incredibly durable and equally impressive in their ability to retain heat for extended periods of time. The patented double filtration system, modeled after a hydraulic cylinder, ensures that grounds will not pass through, creating the perfect brew of coffee or tea. Simply, pour hot water over coffee grounds or loose leaf tea, let steep, push stopper down and enjoy the best brew around. No need to pour into a separate container, you can drink right from the pot. Additionally, the Double-Shot was designed specifically for the commuter. It fits into most vehicle drink holders and includes a built-in storage container in the bottom to carry enough coffee or tea to brew 2 more cups. The mug presses are ideal for the coffee or tea connoisseur that doubles as an outdoor enthusiast or professional on the run.



Strong Feat


  • The luxury of a French Press, anywhere, anytime.
  • Patented double filtration system
  • Double-walled 18/8 stainless steel for optimum heat retention
  • Includes extra storage container for enough coffee/tea for 2 additional cups
  • 14 oz. capacity with extra lid to convert to conventional mug

User Reviews


Excellent press for a single cup of coffee on the go
ItemResearcher

I enjoy reading reviews about things I own because I ususally learn more about theitem than what you find in the user manuals and pick up some good tips.I bought my first coffee press when I was remodeling my kitchen and found that theonly place to put our electric coffee maker was on a bar area which would leave theugly back side of the coffee maker exposed to our guests in the dining area (somethingmy wife would not appreciate). We looked at coffee makers that looked good on all sidesbut didn't find many of them. On a whim, I thought to try out a glass French press.That was fine, but the coffee didn't stay warm very long and you had to clean upthe press and a coffee mug when you were done.I then found this mug and thought it would be a good solution to my issues.It kept the coffee warm longer and there was only one thing to clean up.It allowed me to throw in some coffee grinds with water and run out of thehouse to get to work and the coffee would brew in transit (no waiting aroundfor the coffee maker to finish brewing or the glass press to finish steeping).Since I am the only one drinking coffee in my house and I only drink one cup aday, this seemed to be ideal for me. No need to make a larger amount of coffee.The metal construction keeps the coffee warmer than the glass French presses do.The top lid also contains fine mesh to catch any grinds that escape the largescreen on the bottom of the pressing pole.You want to use coarse ground coffee (size of potting soil or coarse Kosher salt)with a French press. I have used finer grinds and still not had much grind comeinto my mouth. You could use this mug as a stand alone press and pour the coffeeinto a regular coffee mug if you are concerned about the water being in contact with thecoffee grounds for too long of a time.It has rubber rings are to help the mug fit snugly in your car cup holder(they are not intended to provide insulation for your hand as one reviewer mentioned).These rings can be removed if you don't like them.The newer versions of this mug have a handle can be tightened or removed ifyou like.I have given several of these as gifts to friends who have loved them. I didn'tknow Amazon was selling these, so I bought mine elsewhere. Different places haveoffer different colors of this mug.I liked the mug so much I bough a larger carafe version that the company makes(holds 48 ounces I think) so I could make coffee for multiple guests and keep the coffee warm for a while.The design has been updated since I bought my first mug.New version of this mug has a screw on top for the coffee container, a screw oncap for the bottom of the mug to keep the coffee container within the mug.This addresses the other reviewer's issues of the tops popping off or thecoffee storage unit falling out of the mug (an issue I had with the olderversion of this mug).Both drink tops (one for French press, and one for using as a regular mug)now have a cover that rotates to close off the drinking hole and theair hole. This new cover is not leak proof but it keeps the coffee (or tea) fromgushing out if you tip the mug over (which was an issue with the earlier versionof this mug). Both versions of the mug I have include a metal plunger rod (not plasticlike some reviewers have mentioned).I bought my second one after the rubber seal on the lid started to break down(after years of use). From looking at these reviews, it looks like I could havebought a replacement lid from the company. I decided to buy a new mug toget the enhanced features. I really like the new design and rarely usemy old mug.The only downside of the current version of this mug is that the mesh plungerpart that attaches to the plunging post comes loose every time I use it soI am always tightening this part each time I clean out the old grounds.The reason that this comes unscrewed is that the bottom press filter fits sotightly in the mug that it rotates as you plunge it, so it unscrews from the roda little. The size of that part can be difficult to put inside the mug at times.I guess it has to be tight to keep the coffee from coming around the meshscreen on the sides, but this is much tighter than my old mug had.Note: If your coffee storage unit doesn't have a top, then you are missingpart of your mug. I saw one reviewer that mentioned that they didn't havea top.Note: The instructions say not to put this mug in the dishwasher, so I handwash minewith liquid dishwashing soap.

Great for real Tea lovers !
Sherry

Great invention! I drink mostly loose teas, gave up coffee some time ago. Because of work and being "Mom", I spend a lot of time in my car. I have tried several travel presses and most of them don't trap all of the leaves under the press, especially leaves that unroll as they steep. This is the most practical travel mug that I've ever seen and the storage compartment is absolutely great for carrying extra loose tea for those all day meetings. I ordered one for my desk and one for those long car trips.

Great company, product could use some minor improvements
Thomas N. Mackey

I've owned the Planetary Design Double Shot Travel French Press Mug for a little over a month now. Overall I like it and brew coffee twice a day during the work week. First, let me say that Planetary Design is a great company. There was a problem with my order (the Chrome color came through, perhaps by default) but I really wanted Black. PD sent me an email saying that my order had shipped, and gave the color as Chrome. I immediately wrote back to thank them and to say I had ordered Black. They dashed to the loading dock and swapped out the Chrome for Black -- a very nice gesture. There are two things that could be improved: (1) I think the plunger could be a bit longer so that the grounds were slightly compressed at the bottom of the stroke, and (2) The mesh on the plunger could be finer to keep the "fines" in the mug for those of us who grind our own beans -- even at the coarsest setting, I get a bit of "mud" at the end of the drink. Tip: to keep from clogging the sink at work, I carefully rinse and pour into a paper towel positioned in the drain, then carefully fold and gingerly squeeze as I would a teabag for disposal. At the end of the day, I rinse as above, then add a drop of dish soap, fill with hot water, work the plunger a few times, rinse and let air-dry overnight in my covered book shelf.


Lookup: Design Double Shot, Planetary Design Double, Planetary Design Shot, Planetary Double Shot