Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bodum Shin Bistro Smart Deal





On sale now for Bodum Shin Bistro 8 Cup Coffee Press, (No Cork) 34-Ounce is now alive. This cool product is now on the market, you can purchase it now for only $40.00 and often ships in 24 hours.

Item Information



The Shin Bistro French Press Coffeemaker combines a simple design aesthetic with a traditional brewing system made from high quality materials to set it apart from the rest. Its carafe is made from ultra-light, heat-resistant borosilicate glass and it has a black, stay cool, non-slip rubber handle. The 3-part stainless steel plunger has a fine mesh filter, which allows for a premium extraction of your coffee�s aromatic oils and subtle flavors. A mesh filter allows this flavor to be delivered direct to your cup and not absorbed by a paper filter. Plus, no paper filter means no waste. The patented safety lid prevents the splashing of liquids while pressing. All parts are dishwasher safe. Available in 12-cup (48 oz), 8-cup (34 oz) and 3-cup (12 oz) models.



Strong Feat


  • 8 Cup French Press Coffeemaker allows you to brew flavorful coffee in 4 minutes
  • 3-Part stainless steel mesh filter is included which allows for a premium extraction of your coffee?s aromatic oils and subtle flavors
  • No paper filters required, means more flavor without any waste
  • Patented safety lid prevents splashing of liquids while pressing
  • All parts are dishwasher safe

Reviews


Amazing way to make coffee!
Erika Varga

This product is my first coffee press, and I love it! It is perfect for me since I am a college student and don't really share my coffee with my roommates. This press makes about 2-3 cups of coffee. The description does say 8 cups, but that is 8 FRENCH cups, which are MUCH MUCH smaller than the cups here in the U.S.It makes just enough coffee to have a little in the morning and some later during the day OR enough to fully fill up my travel mug.Since I had never used a French press before I was a little apprehensive about working the plunger, but after reading the directions, everything worked out great! I was able to make coffee in under 10 minutes (first I boiled my water in a tea kettle, and then poured it right into my press). I had thought using a press would take even longer than a conventional coffee maker that drips the coffee, but it was faster! The drip coffee makers take forever to drip the liquid, while the pressed coffee was ready in a few minutes after boiling the water.This French press is also very easy to store and transport around. (I take it to my boyfriend's house since I don't always finish my coffee in the morning.)

Oh, you mean a Bodum!
Keith Beckman

There's quite honestly no better way to brew a cup of coffee than a French press. Drip machines, percolators, the travesties which are coffee-pod machines, and whatever is going to come out next all produce muck at once bitter and insipid in comparison to press-brewed coffee. Press-brewed coffee is both stronger and less bitter than either its drip-brewed or percolated counterparts: more flavour is extracted from the grounds while the less-soluble bitter oils, so easily dissolved by flowing water, remain ensconced in the grounds while steeping, and hardly enter the coffee at all with the single motion of plunger through grounds at the end of the brew.And Bodum is the premier maker of coffee presses for a reason: impeccable quality, the proverbial "stunning good looks," and reasonable price. No, a Bodum is not the cheapest press you can find. It is, however, the best. There's a reason why, when I tried explaining the concept of a French press to my Swiss friend (as surprised as I was that she hadn't seen one before), she suddenly exclaimed, "Oh, you mean a Bodum!"This particular press is stylish and functional as any in the Bodum line, and thanks to its simple lines and stainless accents, fits into any kitchen (trust me: you'll want it on display). The mechanism works smoothly without the catching and scratching between screen and beaker common with cheap presses.Screen construction is conscientious as well: though you ought to clean it immediately following use, I know myself: I don't. However, nary a spot of rust ever show up on the screen, and the steel components are highly-polished, so coffee residues are easily removed without scrubbing. Using such a low-maintenance press approaches the running of the ubiquitous (and quite blasphemous, in my less-than-humble opinion) electric drip coffee pot.If you regularly make coffee for only one person, I'd recommend Bodum's matched three-cup press. However, if you usually require coffee for two or more, this is the press to get.

Handsome Design but Poorly Engineered
E. Parnagian

I've had several french presses from Bodum over the past 20 years, and this is my first dissapointment. Great counter appeal and even better coffee, but washing it by hand after each day's use resulted in what looks like rust between the metal band and the glass after only two weeks. I can't imagine how bad it would look if it had been run through the diswasher.Whoever was responsible for specifying the materials must have got a reward for saving a few pennies. In the past, the metal parts were all highly polished stainless steel. The Bistro's external metal seems to consist of a thin layer of chrome over mild steel. OK, I'm only guessing at this combo, but the base metal is definitely steel because all the external metal parts attract a magnet. And no part of the Bodum being replaced attracts the magnet (most commonly available stainless is not ferro-magnetic).KlinQ.com - the actual supplier - didn't want it returned, and grudgingly sent me a replacement. The Bodum Young that was selected as a replacement is cute, but looks like something someone else returned: the plastic caddy is already scuffed, and the red, rubber overmold has black showing through from the underlying ridgid plastic in one spot.Most dissapointing of all was that an email request for guidance sent directly to Bodum did not even get a response. So much for their interest in customer satisfaction or quality!


Tags: Bodum Bistro 8, Bodum Shin Bistro, Bodum Shin 8